IZH Jupiter 3 restoration in France.!

FERET

Re: IZH Jupiter 3 restoration in France.!

Сообщение FERET »

Спасибо!
FERET

Сообщение FERET »

Hello,

Do the rubber guards on the wheel chain make sense?

You can clearly see the front from the back, but is there a top and a bottom? Indeed, the guides are slightly curved ...

Thanks in advance
Me and motorcycle

Сообщение Me and motorcycle »

Hi!
No difference, they both are idenhtical.
Не меняй свой Юпитер на Харлей Девидсон!
FERET

Сообщение FERET »

OK, thanks!

I have another question: Do you know if the Jupiter 3 exhaust pipes ( from cylinder to silencer) and Planeta 3 are the same???
Have a good Sunday...

Frank
Me and motorcycle

Hello!
FERET писал(а): 18 окт 2020, 13:49 I have another question: Do you know if the Jupiter 3 exhaust pipes ( from cylinder to silencer) and Planeta 3 are the same??
No, the difference is in their bending radiuses.

Have a good week!
FERET

Сообщение FERET »

Hello,

Here new containment for at least 4 weeks ! I wish you more luck...

I have ordered directly from China a K65D new carburetor, but the result is catastrophic. It does not want to work, I checked everything, the level of gasoline, the sprinklers, everything switched to compressed air, etc.
It doesn't work, the bike hardly starts, and then it looks like a 4-cylinder whose only 1 cylinder is fired.

The concern comes from this carburetor which must have an internal defect, because with the K36 the engine works, and also with a K65I planeta received by mistake. On the latter, I handed over the jets, the needle and the needle throw with a repair kit for K65D, but the diffuser and the diameter of the transition holes and the idle hole are different for K65I.

I spotted on Ebay a real carburetor K65D Pekar, I will buy it, because these Chinese carburetors are very poorly manufactured! On the other hand, I will have to install an original air filter (oil bath) but newer, because with a K65, the good is far too low:
Изображение
P1040118.JPG
I think this one should match ???
OIP.jpg
OIP.jpg (4.77 КБ) 674 просмотра
By the way, could you tell me if there are new exhaust silencers with the original shape? In nine, I find only those adaptable on Jupiter 3, 4 and 5 like this:
https://motaki.ru/motozip/izh/glushitel ... avyy_kitay

Otherwise, there is this, but it is unavailable, and the price is really high ... And in France, almost impossible to find on second hand.
https://vintage-parts.ru/products/vyhlo ... zh-yupiter

Have a good end of week end !
Me and motorcycle

Hello!
I think this one should match ???
they're both the same I think
For Jupiter the inlet pipe is narrow, for Planeta - wide, like on your second foto
could you tell me if there are new exhaust silencers with the original shape?
I don't know(( It is a big problem for us as well.
the price is really high
You are right, it's too expensive.
Good evening!
FERET

Сообщение FERET »

Hello,

I hope that you all are ok !
Here, new confinement, and all the small non-food town stores closed ... In supermarkets, only non-essential items are allowed, what time.
I sometimes wonder if this virus is not an anti-western weapon developed by your big neighbor to the east ...

I have another question:

My Chinese copy of the K65D carburetor does not work at all, it is catastrophic.
Can you please confirm that my tank float setting is correct?
It says everywhere that you need 26mm at the top of the float, but is it right there?
(because it also says that the float should be parallel to the edge of the tank seal, and with 26mm it is not.)
IMG_20201104_093439.jpg
Also, what do you put as oil in gasoline, and in what percentage?

Have a nice day
Me and motorcycle

Hello!
I sometimes wonder if this virus is not an anti-western weapon developed by your big neighbor to the east ...
I think it is just a great performance for millions fools (us, simple people)
It says everywhere that you need 26mm at the top of the float, but is it right there?
Yea, correct.
(because it also says that the float should be parallel to the edge of the tank seal, and with 26mm it is not.)
I know this requirement.. it sounds contradictory, you're right.
It was simple recommendation many years ago to adjust float setting without any measuring instruments.
Right position is near between parallel setting and 26 mm I tnink))
For a two stroke engine a rich fuel mix is better than a poor one, you know..
And you can experiment with the float level.
FERET

Сообщение FERET »

Hello,

Thank you for these details...

Engine is running well, but many problems with the ignition setting: The plate that carries the 2 contact set of the two cylinders has originally a little free play in terms of its attachment to the dynamo. So, once the gap of 0.40mm between the contacts of the right and left cylinders, we adjust the advance of the right cylinder (I put 2.5mm to the comparator ), then the left. But if we check again the advance of the right cylinder, it has changed because the gap of contact has changed in passing !!! It's very difficult to sort out, I don't think you'll be surprised.

I ordered Santa a 6-volt electronic advance system with its reel, I think it will be more reliable.

The candle maker Brisk had given me the reference of candles for my bike, and the conversion to NGK gives B6HS. if I use spark plus suppressor in 5 Kohms, the engine works, but a lot of smoke, and an average spark. On the other hand, with suppressor without resistance, the spark is stronger, and the bike smokes much less ! Could you please confirm if you use too 5Kohm suppressor with your spark plugs ?

Other than that, impossible to use the Chinese carburetor, I checked everything. The cold engine runs properly for 30 seconds to 1 minute, then starts to choke (without using the enhancer), and turns off, even carburetor flap raised to the maximum, and I have gasoline in the air filter! I think there's a defect on the idle circuit. When I put the K36 back on, everything goes back to normal.

I found a new Pekar brand K65 carburetor in its box in Belarus, and I hope it will get better.

Have a good week !

Frank
Ответить