IZH Jupiter 3 restoration in France.!

Me and motorcycle

Re: IZH Jupiter 3 restoration in France.!

Сообщение Me and motorcycle »

but the chain feels a bit tight in and in the middle. Doesn't it wear out too quickly?
Don't know. We'll see))
In anyway modern IZH rubber bellows are quite bad...
Go on, start the engine))
Не меняй свой Юпитер на Харлей Девидсон!
FERET

Сообщение FERET »

The engine has started, but the carburetor is difficult to adjust: it is a K65i therefore intended for a Planeta ...and in the end the engine seemed like drowned in gasoline and I had to fully open the carburetor throttle all the way to get it to not stall!
Before buying another suitable one, I will reassemble the old K36.

On the other hand, the red dynamo lamp goes out when idling and lights up when accelerating! I do not believe that it is a problem of connection, I think rather of a problem of rushes (perhaps too weak spring) because dynamo worked well before dismantling the motorcycle.

In any case, the engine worked without any particular mechanical noises, 1st gear shifts without cracking.
I'll get back to it tomorrow.
FERET

Сообщение FERET »

The K36 carbureter is in place. The engine run very well, and is easy to start and to restart when engine hot!
The dynamo produce current at the output, and the red bulb goes out, but I put the old voltage regulator back in, so the new one has failed.
For information, the richness screw of the K36 carburettor is loosened by 3/4 of a turn, there is sometimes at idle a little gasoline which oozes from the paper seals, but especially pulling on the choke has no effect on hot idling, it's curious
Me and motorcycle

Congratulations, man!
You did it :)
FERET

Сообщение FERET »

I will want to know how to use the choke lever:
I know you shouldn't use it with a hot engine, but should you always use it when the engine is cold, or only in winter, or below a certain temperature?

And for the carburetor float push button, it be used each time you start a cold engine?

Many thanks for helping!
Me and motorcycle

Hello!
I use the choke lever for start a cold engine. It works at temp = -10...30 deg C
In hot summer in Crimea I ussually started the engine without even the choke lever. But it was Yup5 with electronic microprocessor ignition system.

Now, the float push button.
It is necessary only in winter at temp -30..-10. When the engine doesn't want started only with the choke lever.
Then you must push the button for carburetor float chamber overflow and try to start the engine again with the choke lever.

but in the cold there is a chance to fill the spark plugs with a weak spark

Good week!
FERET

Сообщение FERET »

Hello,

Ok, many thanks for these clarifications.

I have ordered à K65Д new carburetor in China, because I know that Pekar no longer makes it himself.

below some pictures of the motorbike completed at 90%: The tires are at least 19 years old (marked "CCCP", I'll keep them in memory), I have to replace them and especially try to put the rims back in line. No one else or almost does that anymore, I would have to go 200 to 200 km to get it done!
Some problems also with the exhaust pipe junction and cylinder ( oil leak ) and not easy to find a seal that fits, but I'll find it!

Have a good week too !
P1040089.JPG
P1040090.JPG
P1040093.JPG
P1040091.JPG
P1040092.JPG
Me and motorcycle

I have ordered à K65Д new carburetor in China,
We don't like China's carburetors K65xx
because I know that Pekar no longer makes it himself.
Pecar made K68Д now as a substitute. This carbs are good, I used them, I know.

Perfect restoration except for the front rubber mudguard. This is very UN-authentic, unrealistic!
Please, remove it, or make it much bigger from a piece of rubber, like this:
1.jpg
or this))
2.jpg
FERET

Сообщение FERET »

Hello, I have a k68 carburetor but it must be repaired, we will see if it is necessary.

For the rubber mudflap, there are three holes drilled in the mudguard at this place, it seems to be original, but you are right, I will remove it!

Have a good day!
Ed
Злобный Модератор
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Ed »

класс
Кто ищет тот всегда найдёт !
Сисадмины делятся на тех, кто не делает бэкапы, и тех кто, их уже делает =)
Ответить