IZH Jupiter 3 restoration in France.!

FERET

Re: IZH Jupiter 3 restauration en France.!

Сообщение FERET »

Hi all,

I hope Christmas went well for you... I received my Sovek wireless ignition system, I managed to translate the assembly instructions, I will do it quietly.

I will need your help, if you can: As you know I have to rebuild a reliable engine because of my crankshafts room lids in poor condition. So I own a JUPITER 2 engine casing with its original lids.
On this engine, the channels of passage of the gases of the casing are wider than on Jupiter 3... is it better to fit cylinders of Jupiter 3 or Jupiter 4 ??? (I have the opportunity to have new old stock cylinders for Jupiter 4 ).

Thank you in advance for your reply, and have a good New Year's Eve on December 31st :vodka:
Me and motorcycle

Re: IZH Jupiter 3 restoration in France.!

Сообщение Me and motorcycle »

Hello!
On this engine, the channels of passage of the gases of the casing are wider than on Jupiter 3... is it better to fit cylinders of Jupiter 3 or Jupiter 4 ???
I can't remember exactly.
J5 cylinders ( ИЖ Ю5 сб.1-45 (left) and ИЖ Ю5 сб.1-46 (right)) have more wide distance (than have J, J2-J4) between the studs
but the factory produced modern cylinders for Jupiter 2 named ИЖ Ю5 сб.1-55 (left) and ИЖ Ю5 сб.1-56 (right)
Note, not ИЖ Ю5 сб.1-55-1 (left) and ИЖ Ю5 сб.1-56-1 (right)! It's modern ones for J3 and J3-01

J3 and J4 have similar, interchangeable cylinders, but they have a different mounting of the exhaust pipes.

Have a good year!
Не меняй свой Юпитер на Харлей Девидсон!
FERET

Сообщение FERET »

Hello,

Thanks for reply...

I found on "VK Forum" Jupiter 3 engine casings at this mechanic who works with Motaki:

Ремонт мототехники, коленчатых валов, двигателей ( Moto 43 team™ )

and I bought a pair of cylinders and pistons sanded and rebored by the same person at Motaki, it will be here in 1 month...

On the other hand, I have to put down my contactless electronic ignition "Sovek" with Hall effect sensor. I have the 2 output ht coil provided with, but do you know if a 5 kohm resistance by spark plug or s/plug cap is enough, or even by high voltage silicone résistive cable ?

Have a 2021 good year too, me, I start it with lower spine worries :!:

Frank
Me and motorcycle

Hello!
On the other hand, I have to put down my contactless electronic ignition "Sovek" with Hall effect sensor. I have the 2 output ht coil provided with, but do you know if a 5 kohm resistance by spark plug or s/plug cap is enough, or even by high voltage silicone résistive cable ?
You have to put down 5kohm spark plug caps, or use silicone résistive cable.
Get well faster!
FERET

Сообщение FERET »

Thank you,

Everything is clear this time. For the back, it's osteoarthritis + disc disease ... It goes away, and it comes back, but on a motorcycle I don't feel anything :)!

Good week to you.
FERET

Сообщение FERET »

Hello, I put yesterday on my motorcycle the ignition system "Sovek". It is rather intended for versions with alternator, and if you have a dynamo, you have to adapt !
20201226_115205.jpg
In the notice found in the box, it is indicated to set the advance to the ignition at 0.10mm before TDC. In the same notice found on Sovek's website, this time it is indicated 0.05mm before TDC... With the original ignition system, it took between 2mm and 2.6mm !!! The difference is huge.

Does 0.10mm or 0.05mm before TDC look normal to you? (It's true that no doubt, the Sovek processor itself increases the advance with engine speed)

Have a good week !
RblBAK

Сообщение RblBAK »

Разница не существенна, и вы её даже не заметите. Для этого мотора, разница между цилиндрами будет больше, чем указанные вами цифры.
FERET

Сообщение FERET »

Difference between 0.10mm and 0.05mm is not significant... All right.
So with contactless ignition type Sovek, we forget the timing of the firing advance at 2.00 / 2.60 mm ...

Thank you !
Me and motorcycle

Hello!
Sovek is quite good ignition system. I had these systems on my Planeta and Jupiter. Much better than stock contact system, you know.
0.1 or 0.05 doesn't matter.
Have a good week and be healthy!
FERET

Сообщение FERET »

Indeed, difficult to have the same value ahead of the ignition on both pistons! This is due to the slight lateral free play possible of the dymamo bolt at the time of tightening: This shifts the butterfly's centering in a tiny way.

I got 0.08mm (lh side) and 0.05mm (rh side) with a comparator! It works pretty well and I'm satisfied ...

Get all done well, and let's pray that this filth of COVID19 will end one day! :evil:
Ответить