IZH Jupiter 3 restoration in France.!

Me and motorcycle

Re: IZH Jupiter 3 restoration in France.!

Сообщение Me and motorcycle »

Hello!
Jupiter ignition system is a subject of great controversy....
if I use spark plus suppressor in 5 Kohms, the engine works, but a lot of smoke, and an average spark. On the other hand, with suppressor without resistance, the spark is stronger, and the bike smokes much less ! Could you please confirm if you use too 5Kohm suppressor with your spark plugs ?
Never noticed such dependence, don't know, sorry.
I ordered Santa a 6-volt electronic advance system with its reel, I think it will be more reliable.
Electronic ignition on this bike much better than original mechanical ignition system. 100%!

Have a good day!
Не меняй свой Юпитер на Харлей Девидсон!
FERET

Сообщение FERET »

Hello,

today, November 11, is the day of the armistice of 1918, with a lot of fog as often. 1/3 of the young people under the age of 26 who disappeared in 1914 and 1918, this is unimaginable at present, and yet the future is rather uncertain. (Turkey will quickly pose a lot of problems and deserves to be punished)

For everyone's information, I contacted NGK France, who then called me back by phone:

- If the original ignition system is kept with the two contact switches, there is no risk in using a candle cap without resistance, the spark will be much better.

- If an electronic contactless ignition system is used with its dedicated coil, so it is imperative to have a candle cap with resistance of 5 kohm.

I now have slight oil leaks between the two pans (there is a paper seal). I took back my two straightened Chinese crankshaft, but the mechanic told me it wouldn't last... connecting rod pin is not reliable enough, and it wouldn't be reasonable to put that in my engine !

The Bulgarian seller refunded me this morning with the postage to send them back to him, he's really an honest person. I have to find a pair of crankshafts again and hope they're better... I believe that Motaki in Kirov does not have one, and above all, the packaging of this kind of thing must be perfect, so that the package can travel for 15 or 30 Days !

QUESTION PLEASE: Can crankshafts be repaired because the pins look welded ?
P1030255.JPG

But she'll end up going on the road, well !!!

Best regards,

Frank
Me and motorcycle

Hello!
Can crankshafts be repaired because the pins look welded ?
What do you mean?
If it was welded, I think it can not be reassembled

have a good week end!
RblBAK

Сообщение RblBAK »

Ваши валы под 29 мм палец они не разборные. Проще купить другие валы под 21 палец, они без сварки и их можно перепрессовать.
FERET

Сообщение FERET »

Hello,

In the image above, we can see that the outline of the axis of the rod is not visible. This outline has been welded, and the flywheels were then over-flawed ! These are two totally unrecoverable crankshafts found on the Jupiter 2 engine that I was given, but those of my bike are the same.

But it's appartently normal:

The repair operation manual for Juypiter 2 and 3 says: "' The crankshafts are non-détachable and are not subjected to repair with the exception of a connecting rod small end bush. The crankshaft are replaced if the connecting rod big end bearing is worn or broken "

Perhaps some later crabnkshaft manufacturing are repairable, as there are repair kits:
s-l400.jpg
Perhaps the Jupiter 4 or 5 séries have repairable crankshaft ? In this case, if I find two in good condition for the oil seal and bearing surfgaces, I can have them restored with a repair kit ?

PS: For the spark plug cap, it's a 1Kohm résistance inside, not 5 or 10 Kohm.

Have a good week end
RblBAK

Сообщение RblBAK »

Валы 5 юпитера самый лучший вариант, на них проще всего найти ремкомплекты. Также на эти валы подходят шатуны мотоцикла минск. Коленвалы юпитера 4 так же могут быть обварены.
Последний раз редактировалось RblBAK 13 ноя 2020, 19:06, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
FERET

Сообщение FERET »

чем вы за эту информацию. Хорошего конца недели !
Me and motorcycle

Helllo, Frank!
Perhaps the Jupiter 4 or 5 séries have repairable crankshaft ? In this case, if I find two in good condition for the oil seal and bearing surfgaces, I can have them restored with a repair kit ?
yes!
The main thing is a rod pin. Yp1-Yp3 have 29 mm, Yp4-Yp5 - 21mm, as said Rblbak.
Good wishes!
FERET

Сообщение FERET »

Hello,

I hope you're all doing well and Sputnik is working well ! :)

Here, winter has already settled, we have 0 degrees every night and 2 degrees in the day, in the heart of Russia, I dare not ask what the temperature is... I returned the new crankshaftys received from Bulgaria and the seller refunded me, because my general mechanics workshop had themput it online, but also assured me that a wouldn't last. (very poor Chinese manufacturing). So I ordered two more new ones on Ebay from a Ukrainian seller and I'm waiting for them, but it's very long: They left the country on November 19th...
I wanted to buy them from Motaki in Kirov, but he didn't have any available! Do you know of a Russian IZH spare parts store that can sell in Europe like Motaki ?

I will have a question please: Do you know how long the rod that runs through the front suspension tube (No.18 on the drawing) is screwed into the chrome hat (No.9) ? At the dismantling in 2019, one of the rods was screwed by 15mm and the other by 10mm, but I find that this influences the total length of each suspension tube.
Image (12).jpg

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards - Frank
Me and motorcycle

Hello, Frank!
I hope you're all doing well and Sputnik is working well !
I don't care about this stupid global performance))
I dare not ask what the temperature is...
In Moskow it's about -5 deg now. What about the rest of the country... I can just guess as you can)))
Do you know of a Russian IZH spare parts store that can sell in Europe like Motaki ?
Oh, unfortunately I buy IZHs spare parts pretty seldom(( I started to forget stores selling IZHs spare parts in our country)))
Do you know how long the rod that runs through the front suspension tube (No.18 on the drawing) is screwed into the chrome hat (No.9) ?
but I find that this influences the total length of each suspension tube.
Exactly!
You must adjust the both lengs of the suspension tubes and leave enough thread of the rod to reliable fixation on the return stroke of the fork
Yea, it must be 10-15mm. The longer is the better)) But! The loger - is the shorter)) It's some kind of compromiss))
Have a good weekend!
Ответить